Advice for AB hawsepiper? want to be 3M/DPO

I promised I would keep you updated so here it is. I have been reluctant to post anything until I knew something was happening for sure.
This little thread I started caught the eye of a master of a drillship and he sent me an email thru here. He told me a mate was getting promoted and therefore opening up an AB spot. Now, I had applying repeatedly with this company with no response over the years, I asked him if he could make sure my resume lands on the right desk, Id sure appreciate it.
That was what did the trick. I got in through the back door I guess!
Im going to HUET training tomorrow, and I should be on the vessel in mid-December.
I have a few friends that work with the same company, but they werent connected enough to get my resume seen by the right people. I know from them the company promotes from the inside and encourages advancement and education. So now I see being a 3-mate/DPO in my future. Im super excited about this opportunity.
So, I guess the lessons Ive learned is that gCaptain is an extremely valuable resource in more ways than you can expect, and TIMING IS EVERYTHING! This morning I got another job offer with Maersk for their new drillship being built in Singapore. I had to turn them down! I owe this to my preserverance. (rigzone.com)
Fortunately Ive remained gainfully employed thru all of this, Ive got a new challenge now!
Thanks to everyone for your support and advice. I will certainly ask Santa for a copy of The New Hawsepipe.
Cheers everyone! Thank You gCaptain, and all of its readers!

Congradulations, if the same captain is interested I’m a unlimited 3rd triing to escape MSC lol.

Good on ya, stellarseas!! We’re all happy things worked out for you.

Very nice Stellarseas!

Well, that’s why I’m on my way to get that 1600 grt. I know I’ll be in Brazil one of these days, after all I was born there :0)

Do you know what its like working in Brazil? I once contemplated working offshore there, even went so far to get a Rosetta Stone to learn the language, but really a waste of money considering that DPO just isnt for me, it puts me to sleep.

Do you know what its like working in Brazil? I once contemplated working offshore there, when I was in the GOM on a rig, even went so far to get a Rosetta Stone to learn the language, but really a waste of money considering that DPO just isnt for me, it puts me to sleep.