Admissions

[QUOTE=c.captain;80724]I ain’t letting him off that easy…if you just check “new posts” like many of us here do, you have no idea of the context.

Effing NEWBS…where you you get to say “ya cappy” anyway? You’re a two bit punk sans a clue and cappy208 is one of the top members here…you get to address him as SIR!

Bloody twerp! Where did your username some from anyway? You think you can crack a whip on here? Think again![/QUOTE]
I have no intention of cracking anyone with a Whip. The name has been with me sense I was ten and it never had anything to do with a whip. But you should never let people off to easy because than they think you will do it every time they mess up again.

[QUOTE=c.captain;80724]Bloody twerp! Where did your username some from anyway? You think you can crack a whip on here? Think again![/QUOTE]

Give him a cigar ~ he’s gonna go far

[QUOTE=Whiplasher;80726]I have no intention of cracking anyone with a Whip. The name has been with me sense I was ten and it never had anything to do with a whip. But you should never let people off to easy because than they think you will do it every time they mess up again.[/QUOTE]

yawn…scratch…go to the fridge for another beer

You bastard. Mentioning beer when a minor is present. And when I read it… Oh the nerve!
Saturday night, labor day weekend, And you HAD to mention beer. I suppose burgers on the grill too? Lobsters?

[QUOTE=cappy208;80740]You bastard. Mentioning beer when a minor is present. And when I read it… Oh the nerve!
Saturday night, labor day weekend, And you HAD to mention beer. I suppose burgers on the grill too? Lobsters?[/QUOTE]

no labsters here…way out west we have salmon filets on the grill and cold pale ales. To make it all the better, all last week I got to just sit here on the internets watching Issac sweep thru the GoM with all the miserable sods running hither, dither and yon to get out of its way…

life can be sweet…even for us nasty old SOB’s!

see you in the funny papers shipmate…

Also to the OP, on top of the nomination you need, by November 1st. You need to not only pass but achieve a competitive Candidate Fitness Assessment score, and also manage to pull off your Department of Defense Medical Review Board, which consists of three separate doctor examinations. It may be fairly late to start and have a good chance at this.

[QUOTE=jshrz;80773]Also to the OP, on top of the nomination you need, by November 1st. You need to not only pass but achieve a competitive Candidate Fitness Assessment score, and also manage to pull off your Department of Defense Medical Review Board, which consists of three separate doctor examinations. It may be fairly late to start and have a good chance at this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks forgetting us back on track. I know I can easily past the test but what do you mean by competitive score? And I have already started and finished then medical stuff

[QUOTE=Whiplasher;80782]Thanks forgetting us back on track. I know I can easily past the test but what do you mean by competitive score? And I have already started and finished then medical stuff[/QUOTE]

that’s “for getting” not “forgetting” and mind your manners son or we’ll fly off the tracks into that gaping chasm again! All those who know me here know that I love a great trainwreck!

//youtu.be/HMxJtMoTnx8

I want to be Gomez Addams when I grow up…especially is I also get to play with the trains!

If everything is so easy, why are you worried? If you can easily get your letter, easily pass the tests and easily get into SUNY, why ask any questions?

[QUOTE=Whiplasher;80782]Thanks forgetting us back on track. I know I can easily past the test but what do you mean by competitive score? And I have already started and finished then medical stuff[/QUOTE]

It is one thing to receive a passing score on the CFA but it is another to get a score that will be competitive with other applicants. I mean this in a way that, academies will use the score as a factor in admission also. Its like graduating high school, anyone can pass but getting the highest GPA is your aim for colleges.

If you really want to get in to KP son, then tell them that you are a virtuoso bassoon player! You are a sure shoe in then…but you’ll have to sign your immortal soul over to the KP marching band. If you try to leave the band after you get in, Capt. Kenneth R. Force, USMS will take a contract out on you with the Secret Sousa Society who kill their victims by cementing them into a bathtub and then emptying their spit valves into it until the damned traitor drowns…oh the vindictiveness of a crossed tuba player is worse than anything the Nazis could ever dream of!

[QUOTE=c.captain;80784]that’s “for getting” not “forgetting” and mind your manners son or we’ll fly off the tracks into that gaping chasm again! All those who know me here know that I love a great trainwreck!

//youtu.be/HMxJtMoTnx8

I want to be Gomez Addams when I grow up…especially is I also get to play with the trains![/QUOTE]

I am still not used to typing on these iPhones. But I don’t see how I just showed bad manners could you please explain?

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;80785]If everything is so easy, why are you worried? If you can easily get your letter, easily pass the tests and easily get into SUNY, why ask any questions?[/QUOTE]

Not everything is easy. The physical stuff will be easy for me because that’s what I do I am a athletic guy. But what I am worried about is my GPA because I think it sucks.

[QUOTE=Whiplasher;80793]could you please explain?[/QUOTE]

no I won’t…

[QUOTE=Whiplasher;80793]I am still not used to typing on these iPhones. But I don’t see how I just showed bad manners could you please explain?[/QUOTE]

First, it is laziness to reply to a post without deleting the photo like you just did

Second, lousy spelling is just plain lousy

Third, use a computer to post to the forum please! Smart phones are for sending text messages…OMG!

[QUOTE=c.captain;80797]First, it is laziness to reply to a post without deleting the photo like you just did

Second, lousy spelling is just plain lousy

Third, use a computer to post to the forum please! Smart phones are for sending text messages…OMG![/QUOTE]

Than why did they make an app?

This isn’t the ‘track’. but if you are going to ask all these questions, why not be totally honest about what you have done, what you have submitted, and all the info. You seem to be sort of talking in short discombobulated sentences and posts. Now you say you have HAD the physical? One of the MOST difficult things to do when you ask for advice or info is for others to somehow guess what you have already done. It is like beating a dead horse, and you have already ran that race.

If you want good answers give good info and question!

P.S. It is OK to use the cell phone app. Just because C.Captain is a crochety old fart who still uses smoke signals doesn’t mean the rest of us have to! I’m sorry C/Captain, I know that your string and cans work too.[ATTACH]2281[/ATTACH] I just couldn’t resist poking fun at you over the labor day weekend BBQ!

As cocky as you are young man or woman for all we know. You shouldn’t even be on this forum asking how to get in. It appears you have it all covered. Your forum should be. How do I not get picked on. Or how do I not get hazed. At KP. Im sure after reading your posts. Many of us could give you some pointers

Yes cappy. You are right I should have been more clear. But when I started I said I just wanted to know what GPA or percent average you need. River I am not a cocky person but I do have everything covered except knowing what GPA people have that get in. I just want to know chances and not go in and get blind sided

If you have somewhere around a 3.0 GPA you are more than fine for SUNY. Don’t listen to everything Ryan says it’s not that hard to get into and there are plenty of idiots that go and graduate from there.