AB Deckhand - Harley Marine New York - Brooklyn, NY

HARLEY MARINE NEW YORKA Harley Marine Services CompanyJob Title: *AB DeckhandDepartment/Location:New Jersey/New York HarborFLSA Status: Non-ExemptType: *Full TimeReports to: Operations Supervisor/Port CaptainPlease apply at: https://careers-harleymarine.icims.com/jobs/1264/ab-deckhand/jobPOSITION

More…

[QUOTE=gCaptain Jobs;172915]HARLEY MARINE NEW YORKA Harley Marine Services CompanyJob Title: *AB DeckhandDepartment/Location:New Jersey/New York HarborFLSA Status: Non-ExemptType: *Full TimeReports to: Operations Supervisor/Port CaptainPlease apply at: https://careers-harleymarine.icims.com/jobs/1264/ab-deckhand/jobPOSITION

More…[/QUOTE]

Just curious. I know that Harley is non Union in Seattle, but dont they have a union in NY? If so, why would they be advertising for an AB in New York instead of just posting the job at the union hall?

Does anyone know what kind of hitches Harley in NY does? 14/14?

Fourteen and fourteen.

They are siu

[QUOTE=Tugted;172959]They are siu[/QUOTE]

They are paying a little on the low side in Seattle. What are their SIU wages in NY? It’s a union contract so it should not be a secret.

Mates were high 6’s last time I checked, IIRC. Nothing to complain about.

DEFINITELY NOT recruiting top talent though, at least on deck.

Offshore or harbor tugs

Nope nor in the wheelhouse.

Mates at Harley new york are getting high 6’s per day? Thats real good considering most of the barges i see them moving are on the smaller side like around 50k barrels.

[QUOTE=acesouthcoast;173056]Mates at Harley new york are getting high 6’s per day? Thats real good considering most of the barges i see them moving are on the smaller side like around 50k barrels.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what Harley does in NY, but on the West Coast they are primarily a bunkering operation that is just trying to break into ship docking, and ATBs. They have a few outside line haul wire tugs.

What does Harley do in NY?

As far as I know they do bunkering work and local barge shifts around the port of new york/new jersey. Not sure if they do any coastal towing in the north east but i know they dont do any ship assist. Moran/mcallister have that work all sewn up. I notice theyre always looking for help and i saw the new ATB they built last year. It looks pretty funky.

[QUOTE=acesouthcoast;173063]As far as I know they do bunkering work and local barge shifts around the port of new york/new jersey. Not sure if they do any coastal towing in the north east but i know they dont do any ship assist. Moran/mcallister have that work all sewn up. I notice theyre always looking for help and i saw the new ATB they built last year. It looks pretty funky.[/QUOTE]

I have not seen the new Harley ATB (aren’t there two of them now). I hear that its a poorly designed, cheaply built, uncomfortable, big disappointment.

They have a line haul boat in the Gulf. For a while they were advertising for crew and calling it an ATB, but it’s just a regular wire tug with push gear.

it was either 575 or 675. It used to be in their ads. Not bad either way considering the barrier for entry is pretty low.

They have a newer 80k bbl barge that leaves NY to go around the northeast with the Brooklyn, a former HOS boat. From my observations, give them a wide berth.

Oh yeah. They aren’t very good.

Another old Harley thread

Most of the Harley companies are union with the exception Harley Marine Gulf. Harley Marine NY is SIU as far as I know. Pay scale varies by location as well as travel benefits.