1600T NC masters exam

Hopefully some alumni can help me with the following question. I am not sure exactly what modules I should be studying on lap-ware.

The approval to test letter I received form the CG said i have to take the following 3 modules:

011X1: Deck/Navigation general and deck safety

203: Deck Safety and Environmental Protection

Q100: Rules of the Road: Inland and International.

Is this 6 separate tests, or are the 6 tests condensed into the 3 categories?

I know people in the same situation I am in going from 1600T Mate-Master who all have taken different versions. Hopefully someone did this upgrade recently and can clear the air.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Without having the new test codes memorized it sounds like they’re having you take the 2M crossover exam. Except I thought they added a specific stability exam to that crossover…

Do you currently have a master of tow? From the modules you listed it kinda sounds like you fell in that upgrade loophole for MOTs. A friend of mine a couple years ago upgraded…at the time he was a 200 ton master of tow and only had to take the three modules you listed…

If they only listed 3 tests on the letter, than it’s only 3 test. Each module is it’s own exam.

If you go into Lapware each of those codes will generate tests appropriate for the material.

The 2/m crossover used to be just one test, which I think is that 011X1 code, and a RoR test. I don’t think it included the Deck Safety and EP part.

A) they’ve changed the exam requirements so much what it “used to be” really no longer applies.

B) I’m fairly certain they’ve added a stand alone stability exam to the mix, so it would be three now. (011X1, ror, and stability.)

It looks to me like you must have a master of Towing license. Those are the same tests/modules I took for my 1600. Yes it is only those 3 tests.

Good luck!

[quote=“Bayrunner, post:7, topic:44791, full:true”]
It looks to me like you must have a master of Towing license. Those are the same tests/modules I took for my 1600. Yes it is only those 3 tests. [/quote]

It’s the tests for someone holding Master of Towing Vessels, see page 65 of the “old” NMC Exam Guide.

Thanks for all the help guys. I am headed in the right direction.